ESG and Commitments
We are committed to delivering sustainable shareholder returns. For us this means operating with integrity and growing responsibly. Critical to this is our ESG performance.
Given the nature of our industry, our direct ESG risk exposure is limited. However, we recognise that we are indirectly exposed to ESG risks through the assets in which we invest. As we continue to grow, it will be important that we assess not only the quality of the assets but also our operating partners carefully prior to making investment decisions in order to manage our indirect ESG risk exposure.
While FY21 saw us develop policies and process to drive good ESG performance, in FY22 we took steps to embed these policies and process into practice. We also established a sustainability roadmap to help us continue to evolve our approach to ESG, and ensure that we are delivering on our ESG commitments.
In the coming years we will continue to evolve our approach to sustainability that reflects our values. Our focus will be on our material issues and working towards achieving the targets laid out on our sustainability roadmap in order to delivery meaningful results for our business, shareholders and stakeholders. We will continue to report annually on our sustainability progress and performance.
ESG Risk Exposures and Opportunities
Deterra seeks to establish consist criteria for assessing our ESG risk exposures and opportunities.
Our sustainability roadmap outlines our commitment to transparent reporting of our ESG performance and objectives.
- Established Climate Policy and achieved net-zero operational GHG footprint
- Materiality assessment
- Established Human Rights Policy and issued first annual Modern Slavery Statement
- Published first Corporate Governance Statement and Voluntary Tax Disclosure
- Developed ESG due diligence criteria
- Participant in the UN Global Compact
- No health and safety incidents
- Maintained diverse Board and improved gender balance of workforce
Maintain emissions monitoring and net-zero operational GHG footprint
Define social investment strategy
Continual improvement of our ESG due diligence process, ESG data collection and reporting
First UNGC Communication on Progress reporting
- Enhance our ESG disclosures
- Inform our investment decisions